Lymph – The “Elixir of Life”
Your body contains about 50% more lymphatic fluid than the blood. Your lymphatic system is actually a vital transportation system with an extensive network of over 600 vessels throughout the body, and is commonly known as the waste disposal system of the body. It is throughout the lymphatic system that toxic substances move out of the body through the bloodstream and the colon.
The lymph system can stagnate or even stop for many reasons such as fatigue, stress, emotional shock, lack of physical activity, certain food additives, etc. If the lymphatic circulation slows down, the supplying and regeneration of cells is poorly carried out. Consequently, toxins accumulate, hastening the aging process and opening the gates to various physical problems.
The lymph system is interactive with every organ and is directly related to immune function and efficiency.
Main Functions of the Lymphatic System:
- To collect and return interstitial fluid, including blood plasma protein, to the blood and thus help maintain fluid balance.
- To defend the body against disease by producing lymphocytes, which protect the body against antigens (viruses, bacteria, etc.).
- To absorb lipids from the intestine and transport them to the blood.
Pathology of the Lymphatic System:
Swollen glands that we are all familiar with are symptomatic of blocked lymph nodes which indicate a breakdown in the mechanical functioning of the lymphatic system. Hydration and mild exercise can help prevent many of these symptoms.
In the U.S. it is often the most over-looked system of the human body, but in Europe stimulation of the lymph flow is the fourth most commonly prescribed medical treatment.
Common Pathologies of the Lymphatic System:
- Allergies – exaggerated response to certain foreign substances resulting typically in puffy or watery eyes, stuffy or bloody nose, skin eruptions, headaches, loss of energy, low back and leg pains, ear problems, yeast infections, inflammation, fatigue, cellulite, obesity.
- Prostatitis / Prostate Cancer
- Rheumatoid Arthritis causing chronic inflammation of the joints, where the body’s tissues are mistakenly attacked by their own immune system
- Fibrocystic Disease
- Edema which can lead to chronic diseases such as kidney and heart failure
- Lympedema, Hodgkin’s disease / Lymphoma
- Breast Cancer
The Effects of Manual Lymph Drainage:
- Has a beneficial affect on the efficiency the nervous system and smooth muscle. Maximizing our ability to rejuvenate and to establish resistance to stress and diseases.
- It positively effects the immune system by cleansing and activating your lymphatic system and helping remove metabolic waste, excess water, bacteria, large protein molecules and toxins.
- Helps recovery from long term use of medications, anesthesia from surgery, post-surgery recovery and harmful or poisonous substances that have entered the body through exposure or ingestion.
- Drains excess fluid out of loose connective tissue and helps counteract the body’s natural inflammatory response following soft tissue trauma including sprains, fractures, orthopedic surgeries and replacements and orthodontic surgery, and can shorten the route to recovery.
- Helps reduce pain and allows the body to access its’ own healing ability from the autonomic nervous system (parasympathetic).
‘Inspiration’ Bio-Electric Lymph Drainage (B.E.L.D.)
Bioelectric Lymphatic Drainage Technology is based on the principles of Quantum Physics and is the most recent advancement to help with lymph pathologies. It is a vibrational energy technology using cold gas ionization technology to produce negatively charged light photons. The light photons have a specific frequency to penetrate past the skin up to 2 inches to congested lymph vessels and every tissue cell.
The frequency allows each cell to balance its charged condition and results in the cell disassociating itself from the binding agent responsible for the swelling and blockage. The effected cells are then able to dispose of waste into the lymphatics. These photons stimulate cells to produce more energy, breaking up trap blood proteins within the space between cells thus allowing oxygen absorption. Lack of oxygen at a cellular level is the cause of inflammation and pain (lymphedema).
Bio-Electric Lymphatic Drainage (BELD) can be relaxing like a soothing massage, allowing the body to go into the parasympathetic healing mode, assisting in the removal of toxins, poisons and trapped proteins, literally cleaning the spaces between cells and allowing waste products and toxins to slowly and safely flow out through normal channels.
It is a gentle, noninvasive procedure and is faster and more complete than manual techniques used alone. Allowing the therapist to accomplish in a one-hour session what would take many hours without the vibration energy technology.
The “Inspiration” BELD Device here at Mot’us, is a hand-held wand that is lightly moved over the skin, producing a negative energy field which allows the blood and lymph fluid to circulate freely. The result can enhance recovery rates by loosening proteins that are stagnant, causing retained fluid and congested areas to FLOW. Stagnation is reversed and the lymph system is now free to perform its normal cleansing functions!
Preparing for Your Session:
Come in for your session with dry skin – refrain from showering or bathing at least 3-4 hours prior to your session
Avoid applying lotion/oil, deodorant, perfume and makeup prior to your appointment. This prevents the light technique from being blocked to achieve maximum benefits
You might consider leaving your jewelry at home, as we will need you to remove all metal prior to the session
Avoid drinking 1 hour before your session for your comfort while lying down
After Your Session:
Clients may feel relaxed for a few hours after the appointment
Clients often notice a higher volume of urine production. It may have a stronger smell, be different colour, or even be foamy/filmy as a result the lymphatic drainage
It is important to drink plenty of water (more than normal) to assist the cleansing
How Many Sessions Do You Need?
BELD may be taken every other day to help a congested system. It can also be taken as needed or as desired for immune strength or relaxation. For maximum benefit of a lymphatic cleansing, we highly recommend Bio-Electric Lymphatic Drainage be followed by a Colon Hydrotherapy Session, Sunlighten Infra-red Sauna Treatment, Vibration Plate Training or an Ionic Foot Bath . These combinations help in better cleansing by first breaking up toxins and then eliminating them from your body.
Under the following circumstances, clients CANNOT undergo BELD therapy:
Have an electrical implant or pacemaker
Have had recent significant trauma (auto accident – falls – etc. in the last six months)
Are pregnant (unless referred by consulting doctor)
Have undergone recent surgery (within the last 4 weeks)
Have a terminal illness