Our revolutionary new, state-of-the-art Float Pods are ﬁlled with 1200 lbs. of Epsom Salts in 200 gallons of water kept at a constant 93 degrees.
Resting in a sensory-controlled environment, your body is in a state of weightlessness as you float effortlessly on the surface.
The therapeutic benefits are numerous:
- Epsom Salts have been known for decades to help with a vast number of ailments.
- You’re free from the effects of gravity, floating effortlessly.
- Your muscles and joints are relieved of their load, enabling them to relax completely.
- The tank can block out all noise and light, freeing you of any distractions.
- You can relax and unwind completely.
The fewer distractions there are, the more intense the regenerative effect on the body. This weightless, stimulus-free environment frees the brain from the constant task of orienting the body in space (proprioception) and processing sensory input.
Take away all external stimuli, the human brain goes into what is called the “Alpha” or “Theta” brainwave state. Furthermore, this is the state which directly precedes sleep, and is similar to the state induced by relaxation training, hypnosis, meditation, yoga and massage, both from a psychological and physical perspective.
By creating a kind of neurological gap, the brain and nervous system are automatically redirected to the task of deep relaxation and restoring balance (homeostasis) in the mind-body.
University research has confirmed the anecdotal experiences of people taking part in Float Therapy:
- Dramatic reduction in circulating stress hormones.
- Down-shifting of the mind from normal waking consciousness; the beta state. Down-shifting from hyperactive consciousness; the gamma state. Floating takes you to a more serene, and meditative state of conscious: the alpha or theta state.
- A holistic balancing of the body and mind, as well as noticeable physical benefits to nearly every organ of the body.
A single Float session yields immediate benefits:
- Detrimental effects of stress on the body are dissipated.
- Tense muscles relax.
- The mind is able to let go and relax into a state of deep calm.
These effects can last for days or weeks, and successive Floatation sessions have cumulative effects.
The numerous benefits of floating are due to three main reasons:
Weightlessness: causes off-loading of the effects of gravity on the mind and body. This in turn helps to calm down the whole neuromuscular system and rebalance the mind. This leads to incredible results in pain relief for conditions such as back pain, muscular pain, chronic pain illnesses, migraines, rheumatism and pre-menstrual tension.
Epsom salts: can have intense detoxifying effects which can help with chronic and acute conditions and illnesses as well as enabling the body to recover from neglect or unhealthy lifestyle choices. The absorption of the magnesium sulphate through the skin brings homeostasis (balance) to numerous bodily systems and has had proven positive results in the treatment of insomnia, high blood pressure, jet lag and muscle tension.
Meditation: the lack of sensory input allows you the time to switch your mind off from the world outside. The skin temperature of the water, the offloading of gravity, and the control of light and sound enable your mind and body to relax and reset. This can cause vast improvements in stress relief, depression, anxiety, and fatigue.
$79 / Float on a ‘Pay-as-you-Go’ Basis
First Float Offer – $59 saving $20
Packages of 5 and 10 Floats can bring you fantastic discounts
5 Floats – $370 ($25 discount)
10 Floats – $690 ($100 discount)
Memberships available on request:
Basic – 1 Float / Month – $65 / Month ($168 saving / year)
Plus – 2 Floats / Month – $115 / Month ($516 saving / year)
Premier – 4 Floats / Month – $200 / Month ($1392 saving / year)
Additional Membership Benefits Include:
10% discount off Freedom Treatments and Functional Training services at Mot’us
Free towel use
10% discount on all retail products
Invitation to exclusive seminars and workshops
Note: Please arrive 20 minutes before your First Float appointment
We recommend you read our Preparation Guide prior to your First Float or call with any questions.
For all other Float appointments, please 10 minutes before appointment time.
Please note our 24-hour Cancellation Policy of Full Payment